Thursday, August 20, 2015

Diet Cig "Sleep Talk/Dinner Date" 7" Review


Diet Cig is an incredible pop duo from New Paltz, NY. This band makes me love stuff. I feel really vulnerable when I listen to them. I remember the first few years out of high school where a lot of my friends were still around. I remember going to shows every week, and going to Denny's at 2 in the morning and cramming into a corner booth in the smoking section and smoking butts and drinking coffee and everything ruled. I remember being in love and how great it is to feel that way and to share stupid little things with someone special. I'm not sure I'm supposed to feel this way when I listen to this band, but I do, and I like it. A Lot a lot!

Singer/guitarist Alex Luciano and drummer Noah Bowman released their debut ep Over Easy earlier this year and it's so wonderful. Just take my word for it and go listen to it and buy it. Ugh, I love it.

Sleep Talk/Dinner Date is the new and upcoming 7" from the band which will be out September 18 via Art Is Hard and Father/Daughter Records.

"Sleep Talk" is the first song on the record and it has this great 90's pop vibe. I absolutely love Alex's voice. So much. Being in love is a frightening thing and telling that person those feelings is even more terrifying, Perfect.

"Dinner Date" has these awesome verse parts where the drums stand out a lot. They are recorded so well and are really nice and full. When the chorus part kicks in it's great. Alex's vocals are overlapping and the guitar and drums are so full. This song is a fucking killer. I would love to be at the show and see this one played live.

This is just wonderful.

Pre-order the record here.

Diet Cig is going on tour in September. Go to their fb for tour dates / tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment