Thursday, February 4, 2016

Deftones "Prayers/Triangles" Track Review


Deftones is one of those bands for me that will always be timeless and always manages to crank out solid records. I feel like I like them more the older I get and the more they progress. Their latest album, Koi No Yokan, was really solid. I feel like their records have become more of a solid unit in these later years than the older records like Around The Fur and Adrenaline. Those records are solid but they have distinct parts (songs) that stick out where as Koi No Yokan, for me, was a whole piece. There wasn't specifics that stood out, but I found that ok.

Ramble....

So the 'Tones just dropped the first song off their forthcoming record, Gore, which will be out on April 8.

The song has some great melodic delay guitar parts during the verse parts and a really great chorus with soaring guitars and drums. This band just cranks them out so hard. I remember there was a point where I thought Chino lost the classic scream, but there is this great little mellowed out / breakdown / bridge part with some heavy guitar work and that classic Chino scream.

This makes me happy.

Check out the audio / video below.




They will be touring as well!

03-05 Costa Mesa, CA - MUSINK Festival
03-16 Mission, TX - Never Say Never Festival
03-19 San Antonio, TX - Lonestar Events Center
03-20 Dallas, TX - Southside Ballroom
03-22 Houston, TX - Revention Music Center
03-24 Lubbock, TX - Lonestar Pavilion
05-08 Kannapolis, NC - Carolina Rebellion
05-13 Atlanta, GA - Shaky Knees Music Festival
06-03 London, England - SSE Arena Wembley
06-04 Nürburgring, Germany - Rock am Ring
06-05 Numberg, Germany - Rock im Park
06-09 Nickelsdorf, Austria - Nova Rock
06-10 Leicestershire, England - Download Festival
06-14 Cologne, Germany - Palladium
06-15 Berlin, Germany - Columbiahalle
06-17 Aarhus, Denmark - NorthSide Festival
06-18 Reykjavik, Iceland - Secret Solstice

1 comment: