Thursday, August 18, 2016

PWR BTTM "New Hampshire" Track Review



Last fall Brooklyn based punk duo PWR BTTM released their incredible debut album Ugly Cherries courtesy of Father/Daughter Records in the US only. But fear not, UK's Big Scary Monsters label is re-releasing it with two bonus songs. "Projection" was released online last month and now we get the somber, darker, tear-jerking "New Hampshire". Feels like home!

"New Hampshire" features soft chords and clicking pattered drums with just a few dashes of distortion mixed with the idea of inevitability. The end of everything will happen. Your life, animals, plants, relationships, everything. An idea that can be hard to swallow, Singer/guitarist Ben Hopkins told NPR "It's a song about greener grass. I wrote it during a period of time where I hated where I lived and who I was there, and I just felt to helpless that I figured whenever I did inevitably wither away, the parties that be could ship me somewhere better. Reflecting on it, the hopelessness I felt was actually in me, and the place I was in or where I wanted to be couldn't help things if I wasn't willing to help myself first."


The song is beautiful and touching. PWR BTTM are incredible. Hopefully they play "New Hampshire" in New Hampshire in October when they play at 3S Artspace in Portsmouth!


Stream "New Hampshire" here.

Go see them in New Hampshire.
Pre-order the record from BSM.

Go support the fuck out of them on tour!







No comments:

Post a Comment