Monday, January 18, 2016

Culture Abuse "Spray Paint The Dog" Review


I posted Culture Abuse's video for "Perfect Light" on my Facebook page because not only is the song super flippin' kick-ass, but the video is wild as hell. I got one comment from someone I used to work with that said, "What the fuck did I just watch?" I responded with a simple, "You're welcome."

Culture Abuse is a monster, drug infused, punk band from the Bay Area.
This two song 7" is too good and too short. Another great record on 6131 Records.

The record starts off with "Nicotine," a real banger. The beginning really sets the scene great. It's creepy, and dirty. The riffs are wicked, and the production of this record is so good. It's clear and clean while keeping it grimey and punk a.f. Towards the end there is this nice sludgy slow part with some overlapping vocals and some real noise. The chaos is so wonderful.

"Perfect Light" is my jam. I've played this song so many times over and over again rocking my face off. It's this great, weird, dance jam. I love the vocals so much and the direction this song takes. It's steady, rocking, and fuzzy. The parts before the verses with that chanty thing they do. I dig that so hard. "Love's not the answer," but Culture Abuse is definitely the answer. Get weird. Do whatever.

Grab the record from 6131.
Stream it here.
Look for a full length in the future!

Peep the video for "Perfect Light." And hey, it's totally NSFW. Bomb!


No comments:

Post a Comment