Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Such Hounds "I've Been Lost" track Review


Such Hounds is about to release their debut full length record, Strangers, in April through SlyVinyl Records, but luckily enough we get this sweet teaser track, "I've Been Lost."

I read somewhere that someone described the band as "jangley," and I think that's perfect. Others say they sound like "Tom Petty snorkeling in bong water." That works too.

No matter what you want to call it, Such Hounds rule, and this track is a banger.

This track kicks so much ass. The vocals remind me of a punkier version of Bob Dylan, and I can't help but think of The Strokes. The riffs, the drums, and there is this sweet little piano slide about halfway through the song before the band kicks into the chorus. So damn good. The song is pretty minimal and sticks to a few core parts but they are so good. This songs gives me wicked perma-smile!

Maybe it's due to getting older and being scared out of my mind, but this song strikes a nerve in me hardcore! There's a line that's like, "I knew I had to do this all along," and, "lately I've been thinking about my life," and I feel that is something I've been telling myself for a while now.

We've all been lost, right. This song embraces that idea of being lost, confused, and not sure of what you're doing. And it's like, fuck it. Just keep doing it, man. It's a vulnerable feeling, being lost, but it's rad to listen to a song like this and think, everybody else is just as lost and fucked up as you. So it's all good.

Go stream this song on Noisey,
Pre-order the album through SlyVinyl.



No comments:

Post a Comment